Map of Tewkesbury

Tewkesbury Mop Fair- Charter granted by Edward 11 in 1324

The ambulance station is on the site of Thomas Walker & Sons Fairground Makers, est 1868


Map of Tewkesbury

Light Bulb - Treens Electrical Shop...sadly no longer there.

Hughes Alley- Named after Joe Hughes who sold milk there.

Comptons Alley - Historic home of cabinet makers and upholsterers.

Fish Alley- Once the home of fishermen and fishmongers.


Map of Tewkesbury

Cotteswold Dairy- Founded in 1938 by Harry Workman.

The bridge across the Avon may have been built by King John. It dates back to the 12th Century.


Map of Tewkesbury

The White Bear public house has a tardis in it's garden.


Map of Tewkesbury


Tewkesbury Mustard= Mustard balls made with mustard seeds and horseradish.


In 1793 JMW Turner RA stayed in Tewkesbury. He and his father owned a burgage which is now called Turners Court.


Gravel Alley was once a medieval alley.


Bishops walk originally had eight alleys and courts.


Alley cats - Project Alley Cat- a community art project with murals and artworks in the alleys.



The alleys with blue brick paths were for public use.


Beadles Hat outside the Heritage Centre 19th century sign.


Golden Key-the site of an old ironmongers shop.


Old grain barges Chaceley and Tirley used to be tied up by the mill.


The myth tute also known as Royal Hill. George 111 and his queen.


The earth works are the remains of an 11th century motte and bailey castle.